Saturday, August 18, 2012

25 weeks and welcome back nausea!

As I write this I am 25 weeks, 3 days and have 103 days until my due date. HOLY COW.

Based on averages, our little boy is about 13.5 inches, weighs 1.5 pounds, and is the size of a rutabega.

He is beginning to develop fingernails and toenails and his hair, which he already had begun to grow, is growing more and developing texture and color. I wonder if it's blonde or brown!? If the old wives tail is true (which I know that it's not always) this little boy is going to truly be covered in hair from head to toe with the intensity of heart burn I've been having. haha.

Starting this past Sunday my morning sickness is back. I've noticed I'm way more of a baby about it having it now at the end of my 2nd trimester then when I had it early on. When I had it in the beginning I had it every day, had constant nausea with a few hours reprieve throughout the day, and got sick multiple times a day. And every time I got sick I smiled and was thankful for the baby, and the hormones that were in me making me sick.

Now that it's been gone awhile and I feel like I "shouldn't" have it, it's a little more difficult. I've gotten sick most days this past week but the nausea wasn't constant most days. I'm still able to work through it and keep on trucking for the most part, plus I have the nausea medicine I was given earlier on that I took this past week when it got to be unbarable and continual.

I still want to wear my symptoms as a badge. By that I don't mean that I want to be public about it, but I want to see it as something that I'm proud of. These are the symptoms that I have a baby growing inside of me, he is healthy and developing, and I am forever thankful for that. So bring on the nausea and heartburn- 'cause I'll take it! :)

I can't wait to meet him!
25 weeks- size of a rutabega

2 comments:

  1. I get heartburn, too. Do you think I am pregnant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you just might be!! Although in the back of my head I keep hearing "correlation does not equal causation".
    I think if you WERE pregnant, you'd def have a hairy baby, maybe even one with a beard!

    ReplyDelete